Thursday, August 17, 2006

Don't Compare Yourselves With Others



"Each of you should put your own actions to the test. Then you can take pride in yourself. You won't be comparing yourself to somebody else. Each of you should carry your own load."

Galatians 6:4

We like to look around us and see what others are doing. Do they do everything right? When they do not, does it give us the excuse to behave badly too? I don't think so! We must be responsible for our own actions. We make our own choices. We should not compare what we do with what others have done. God is looking for a heart that is looking to Him for all the answers. The good we have in us is there because of what Jesus did on the cross. We must always give Him credit for all of the good that we do. He is the One giving us the ideas and He helping us in every way to do His good will.


Lord Jesus,
I love it when You help me think of good actions and ways to help others. Thank You for those who help me and do good things for me. Thank You for helping me to do what is right and good.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment